Launching in 2007 and with HRH Prince Charles as Patron, British Tourism Week is a series of inter-related industry events, which will raise national and international awareness of the size, value and importance of Britain's £74 billion visitor economy.
British Tourism Week is an annual event and is organised by VisitBritain, UKinbound and Reed Travel Exhibitions, with the support of the Tourism Alliance, the Tourism Society and the regional and national tourist boards.
British Tourism Week aims to demonstrate that tourism is critical to the economy of the United Kingdom by:
• Increasing industry awareness
• Raising quality standards
• Promoting training and professionalism
• Improving the UK's competitiveness
• Supporting the preparations for hosting the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games